25.1 C
Delhi
Friday, February 20, 2026

NCC shares crash 10% after NHAI imposes 2-year debarment ban

Mumbai: Shares of NCC Limited tumbled nearly 10 per cent in intra-day trade on Thursday after the company and its step-down subsidiary faced a two-year debarment order from the National Highways Authority of India (NHAI).

The sharp fall dragged the stock to its lowest level in the past one year. The stock slipped 9.85 per cent on the National Stock Exchange (NSE) to Rs 135 apiece, marking a fresh 52-week low.

The decline came after the company informed exchanges about regulatory action taken against it and its subsidiary.

In an exchange filing, NCC said that OB Infrastructure Limited (OBIL), its step-down subsidiary, along with NCC, has received a debarment order from NHAI for a period of two years.

The order prevents both companies from participating in any tender, bid or request for proposal issued by NHAI.

This includes roles such as concessionaire, contractor, EPC contractor, O&M contractor, O&M agency or consortium member. The restriction is effective from February 17, 2026.

The debarment is linked to a highway project in Uttar Pradesh that was executed by OBIL under a 2006 concession agreement on a build-operate-transfer (BOT) annuity basis.

According to the company, delays in the project were caused by NHAI’s failure to hand over land on time and other alleged breaches of the contract.

NCC said OBIL had initiated arbitration proceedings over the matter and received a favourable award in November 2024.

However, NHAI has challenged the award before the Delhi High Court. The company added that some additional disputes related to the same project are still under arbitration.

OBIL has claimed that the debarment order was issued while arbitration proceedings were ongoing and after the concession period had already ended.

It also alleged that the order was passed without giving it an opportunity to present its case. The company said it plans to challenge the debarment in accordance with the law.

NCC clarified that there is no immediate financial or operational impact on its existing orders and ongoing projects.

However, it admitted that the impact on future tenders cannot be estimated at this stage, as the ban restricts participation in fresh NHAI projects for two years.

Latest

YPF Chief Readies War Chest for Shale Push as Milei Bolsters Oil

YPF SA is setting aside funds to keep spending in the fast-growing Vaca Muerta basin even if oil prices fall this year as management handpicked by libertarian P

CSX Chief Executive Open to Deal as Rivals Pursue Mega Merger

The chief executive officer of freight rail operator CSX Corp. is focused on generating returns from improved efficiency and performance — but he’s also ope

Relief for US homebuyers as mortgage rates dip to 6.01%, lowest level in over 3 years

International Business News: A drop in US mortgage rates is offering early encouragement to prospective homebuyers ahead of the crucial spring homebuying season

Amazon surpasses Walmart to become largest company by revenue with $717 billion — Here’s what you need to know

Amazon surpassed Walmart to become the largest company in terms of revenue. The company's revenue from operations was $717 billion for the fiscal year ending De

United Breweries bags registration for iconic Kingfisher jingle ‘Oo la la la la le o’ — Here’s what you need to know

United Breweries bagged the registration for the iconic Kingfisher jingle ‘Oo la la la la le o’ after the Trade Marks Registry found there was no identical

Topics

‘I am your soldier, how can you deny us?’: The chilling plea of a son with a disabled father as execution deadline looms

The Balochistan Liberation Army (BLA) has released ID cards of 8 captive Pakistani soldiers, contradicting ISPR's AI-fabricated claims. With the Feb 21 deadline

British-era tractor lying in scrap sold as antique for Rs 1.25 Cr after video goes viral – Details

According to a viral post circulating online, the enthusiast expressed interest in acquiring the old tractor. The buyer reportedly purchased the old tractor for

Trump’s ‘stand up’ stunt for Shehbaz Sharif: 2026 Board of Peace summit viral highlights & 200% tariff claims

US President Trump ordered Pakistan PM Shehbaz Sharif to stand at the 2026 Board of Peace Summit while claiming he averted a nuclear war with 200% tariffs. See

J-K: Major tragedies were averted by security forces in the last two months

Major tragedies were averted by security forces in the last two months. Six IEDs were detected and defused, hence neutralizing multiple terrorist plots targetin

Fire breaks out in Hyderabad building housing coaching institutes; 50 students rescued

Fire-fighting personnel rescued about 50 students trapped in an IT coaching institute on the second floor. The incident occurred at Maitrivanam in the heart of

SC on West Bengal SIR: Court orders deployment of judicial officers to oversee exercise

West Bengal SIR: Bench of Chief Justice of India (CJI) Surya Kant and Justices Joymalya Bagchi and Vipin Pancholi also observed that a “trust deficit” betw

Major electoral update: Punjab, Haryana & Maharashtra face voter roll overhaul

The Election Commission has ordered a Special Intensive Revision of voter rolls across multiple states alongside Census 2027 preparations.  

Bangladesh restores all visa services for Indians: Tarique Rahman’s government signals New Delhi thaw

The Bangladesh High Commission in Delhi has resumed full visa services, including tourism and medical, following the swearing-in of PM Tarique Rahman. Check the
spot_img

Related Articles

Popular Categories

spot_imgspot_img