22.1 C
Delhi
Friday, February 20, 2026

Supreme Court grants bail to Vikram Bhatt, wife Shwetambari in alleged multi-crore cheating case

Mumbai (Maharashtra) [India], February 19 (ANI): The Supreme Court has granted regular bail to filmmaker Vikram Bhatt and his wife Shwetambari Bhatt who were booked by the Rajasthan police in an alleged fraud case involving large-scale misappropriation of funds.

Earlier, this week, the Court had granted interim bail to Shwetambari Bhatt. The Court has now allowed their appeal seeking regular bail and granted relief to the duo.

Both Vikram Bhatt and Shwetambari Bhatt have been booked in the case, which stems from an FIR lodged in Udaipur in November 2025 over an alleged fraud linked to a film project. The case was registered at Bhupalpura police station.

According to Udaipur District Superintendent of Police Yogesh Goyal, the complaint was filed by Dr Ajay Murdia of Udaipur. The complainant alleged that, in memory of his late wife, he entered into an agreement with Vikram Bhatt’s company for the production of films and documentaries.

As per the FIR, the complainant paid a sum to Bhatt’s company and signed a contract for the production of four films. However, it was alleged that the production house failed to deliver the films as per the agreement.

Two films that were produced were allegedly not rightfully attributed, while the highest-budget project under the contract was never initiated.

Responding to the allegations, Vikram Bhatt had earlier told ANI that he believed the police were being misled. He claimed he had not received any prior notice before learning about the FIR through media reports and a journalist acquaintance.

Bhatt questioned the financial claims mentioned in the FIR and asserted that if any such documentation had been submitted to the police, it would be forged.

He also raised concerns about the complainant’s alleged lack of familiarity with the film industry, questioning why multiple projects were initiated if there had been wrongdoing.

The filmmaker further stated that there were disagreements regarding production budgets and methods, including the use of green screen techniques versus real-location shoots, which he said could significantly increase costs.

He also referenced projects titled ‘Tumko Meri Kasam’ and ‘Viraat’, alleging that certain productions were halted midway and that payments to workers were not made.

Bhatt maintained that he possesses emails and contracts to support his claims and reiterated that he would seek proof regarding the filing of the FIR. (ANI)

Latest

Toy Story 5 trailer OUT: Woody and Buzz Lightyear reunite as toys confront the digital age

Toy Story 5 trailer reveals new characters like Atlas the GPS hippo and child Blaze, while familiar favorites return. The film addresses modern challenges of te

Akshay Kumar condemns racism against North-East Indians after incident on Wheel of Fortune

Akshay Kumar condemned racism against North-East Indians during a recent episode of Wheel of Fortune India, sharing personal experiences of discrimination. His

Mahieka Sharma reacts as boyfriend Hardik Pandya says ‘I love you’, shares their romantic video on her 25th birthday

In the clip, Mahieka Sharma and Hardik Pandya spoke, laughed, hugged and held hands as they sat outdoors. Fireworks were seen going off in the background.

Who was MM Baig? Veteran filmmaker behind ‘Chhoti Bahu’ and ‘Razia Sultan’ found dead at 70

Veteran filmmaker M M Baig, known for directing Chhoti Bahu and as the father of child star Baby Guddu, was found dead at his residence. His contributions to Hi

Nick Jonas wears Priyankas’s mangalsutra as bracelet, internet calls him green flag

Kani Kusruti discusses her experience portraying a rape survivor in Anubhav Sinha's upcoming courtroom drama Assi, noting the differences between acting and rea

Topics

New Delhi Marathon 2026: Delhi Metro to start services at 3:30 AM on February 22

New Delhi Marathon 2026: The New Delhi Marathon is an annual running event with a full marathon distance, also termed as the National Championship, presented b

Norway reiterates rejection of Trump’s ‘Board of Peace’ after US claim

Norway is among several European countries, including France, Germany, and Britain, that have stayed out of the controversial board, which Trump formally launch

Why Buenos Aires came to standstill? The new challenge Argentina is facing – Explained

Argentinian President Javier Milei’s proposed labour reforms sparked widespread strikes across Buenos Aires, disrupting public transport, forcing shops to clo

Chhattisgarh Board Exams 2026 commence, students express nervousness as they appear at centres

The Chhattisgarh Board of Secondary Education (CGBSE) Exams for...

WB HS board to award full marks for 3 ‘out-of-syllabus’ Maths question

The West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education on...

India signs US-led Pax Silica Declaration on last day of Global AI Impact Summit

The signing ceremony was attended by US Ambassador to India Sergio Gor, US Under Secretary of State for Economic Growth, Energy, and the Union Minister for Info
spot_img

Related Articles

Popular Categories

spot_imgspot_img