15.1 C
Delhi
Saturday, February 21, 2026

BTS member V reacts after private chats used in HYBE–Min Hee-jin legal dispute: ‘No intention of taking sides’

BTS member Kim Taehyung, widely known as V, has spoken publicly after private messages exchanged between him and former ADOR CEO Min Hee-jin were submitted as court evidence in an ongoing legal dispute involving entertainment company HYBE.

BTS member V says he had ‘no intention of taking sides’ in HYBE-Min Heejin dispute

The development has sparked debate over artist privacy and the widening impact of a corporate conflict that has dominated the K-pop industry for nearly two years.

The controversy emerged after court documents revealed that KakaoTalk conversations between V and Min Hee-jin had been included as part of evidence in Min’s lawsuit against HYBE concerning a shareholder agreement and stock purchase payments. The messages reportedly formed part of arguments linked to industry plagiarism concerns and internal disagreements within the company structure.

Soon after reports surfaced, V addressed the situation through a statement shared online, making clear that he was not involved in the dispute itself and had never intended his private conversations to become public.

BTS V expressed his bewilderment over former Ador CEO Min Heejin submitting a conversation with him as evidence, and HYBE has released a statement.

On the 20th, BTS’s agency HYBE told OSEN, “It was a private conversation with an acquaintance, so he simply expressed his sympathy, and it has been confirmed that he did not agree with any specific remarks made by the other party.”

They added, “It has been confirmed that the artist also wanted to express his dissatisfaction with the submission of private conversations as trial materials without his consent.”

On the same day, V stated, “It was part of a private, everyday conversation that we had with empathy because she was my acquaintance,” and “I have absolutely no intention of taking sides.”

He also expressed his discomfort, saying, “However, I am very bewildered that the conversation in question was submitted as evidence without my consent.”

HYBE later reiterated that the exchange reflected empathy rather than endorsement of any claims made by Min Hee-jin. According to the company, the messages were ordinary personal conversations and should not be interpreted as support for either side in the legal conflict.

What Is The Legal Dispute About?

The dispute between HYBE and Min Hee-jin dates back to her departure as CEO of ADOR, the label behind the globally successful girl group NewJeans. The disagreement centres on a shareholder agreement and allegations surrounding corporate control and management decisions. Courts have already ruled on parts of the case, including financial claims tied to Min’s contractual rights, while appeals and related proceedings continue.

Reports suggest the messages referenced discussions about similarities between K-pop releases, an issue that had already triggered heated industry debate. While Min reportedly used the chats to support her argument that her concerns were reasonable opinions, V clarified that his responses were casual remarks shared privately rather than formal statements.

Internet Reactions To This Incident

News of the disclosure quickly spread across social media platforms, where BTS fans — known as ARMY — voiced concern over the handling of the singer’s personal communications. Many argued that artists should not become collateral figures in corporate legal battles, particularly when conversations were shared in confidence.

While such material can be admissible in court, the ethical questions surrounding consent and privacy remain contentious, especially when high-profile celebrities are involved.

Despite the controversy, V emphasised that he wishes to remain neutral. His statement underscored that the exchange was simply an empathetic conversation between acquaintances and not an attempt to influence or participate in corporate disputes.

The incident arrives at a sensitive moment for BTS, as the group prepares for upcoming activities following members’ military service periods and renewed group promotions. Analysts note that maintaining distance from internal industry conflicts is particularly important for artists whose careers depend heavily on public trust and global fan engagement.

Latest

Shakira brings free concert to Mexico City in March

MEXICO-SHAKIRA/ (PIX):Shakira brings free concert to Mexico City in March

Channing Tatum draws on real-life parenting for Berlinale drama Josephine

FILMFESTIVAL-BERLIN/JOSEPHINE (UPDATE 1, TV, PIX):UPDATE 1-Channing Tatum draw

Bianca Dias dies at 20 days after cosmetic surgery; family and friends mourn Brazilian influencer’s demise

Brazilian content creator Bianca Dias passed away on Thursday, February 19, at the age of 20, leaving her family, friends and followers in shock. Acco.

Melania Trump donates her white and black-trimmed inaugural ball gown to the Smithsonian

Melania Trump donates her white and black-trimmed inaugural ball gown to the Smithsonian

After Anoushka Shankar’s denial, Rishab Rikhiram Sharma shares proof of guru-shishya bond with Pandit Ravi Shankar

Musician Anoushka Shankar recently denied claims that sitarist Rishab Rikhiram Sharma was a disciple of her father, the legendary Pandit Ravi Shankar..

Topics

Trump’s press conference over Supreme Court tariff ruling- key takeaways

President  Trump's extensive press conference highlighted the continued centrality of tariffs to his presidency and suggested that the Supreme Court’s decisi

‘India will be paying us tariffs, we will not be paying them tariffs,’ Trump says after US Supreme Court struck down IEEPA tariffs

US Supreme Court struck down Trump IEEPA tariffs. While Trump says India will be paying us tariffs, we will not be paying them tariffs; calls ruling deeply disa

Trump to ditch IEEPA tariffs; uses alternative legal powers, says US Treasury Secretary Scott Bessent

After the US Supreme court strikes down Trump IEEPA Tariffs, President turns to Section 232, 301 & 122 for unchanged revenues.  

Trump signs 10% global tariffs order, calls Supreme Court ruling ‘deeply disappointing’

The new tariff will come into force almost immediately and will remain effective for approximately five months under Section 122 of the Trade Act of 1974.

Section 122, 301 and 232: Trump’s legal arsenal for new global tariffs

After the Supreme Court blocked his emergency tariffs, Trump moved to impose a 10% global duty under Section 122 and signaled broader trade action through Secti

Trump repeats India-Pak mediation claim while slamming tariff verdict

Trump claimed 200% tariff threats helped broker an India-Pakistan ceasefire, a claim India has firmly denied.

Which Trump tariffs did US Supreme Court strike down? Here’s the breakdown

The Supreme Court struck down Trump’s sweeping global tariffs imposed under emergency powers, voiding duties on major trading partners while leaving national

Michael Jackson in Epstein files? Truth behind claim of Neverland protecting kids from Epstein Island; ‘he was silenced’

Many are wondering if Michael Jackson is in the Epstein files amid claims that he used Neverland ranch to protect kids from what happened on Epstein Island.
spot_img

Related Articles

Popular Categories

spot_imgspot_img